Digestive system: it is used to breakdown food into nutrients and which then pass into circulatory system and are taken to where they are needed in body.
FUNCTION OF DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- Ingest (consume) food. (stage1)=Ingestion
- Breakdown food into nutrients.(stage 2)=Digestion
- Absorb nutrients in the bloodstream.(stage 3)=Absorption
- Remove the wastage.(stage 4)=Egestion
Function of saliva in Digestive System
- It moist the food.
- It begins digestion.
- It adjust salt appetite (natural desire to satisfy a bodily need, especially for food).
- The flow of saliva help to wash pathogenic bacteria.
ESOPHAGUS: A muscular tube through which food passes from mouth to stomach.
- As you chew your tongue helps mould your food into a mass called bolus (small rounded mass of substance).
- When you swallow the bolus it enters esophagus.
- Opening of esophagus lied next to wind pipe.
- When u swallow, opening of trachea is closed.
STOMACH: after esophagus food goes to stomach where it mixes with acid and enzymes.
- Acid kills bacteria and viruses & enzymes help down to break down protein and essential nutrients.
- There is layer of mucus in stomach which protects stomach being eaten by acid.
Small intestine: in small intestine liver and pancreas help to maximize digestion.
- Liver: once nutrients absorbed in blood it pass through liver and glucose absorbed in liver.
- PANCREAS: it release pancreatic juice, it neutralize the acid to maintain acid balance and help to breakdown protein & starches (chain of glucose).
Large intestines: it absorbs water from waste material leftover.
- All leftover waste compact and stored at end of large intestine called rectum
- When it gets full, anal sphincter loosen and waste passes out.
- Basically large intestine drying up the food so body can use the water that was in it.
- Name the Glands associated with the Human Digestive System?
- A. Salivary Glands and Pancreas
- B. Salivary Glands and Liver
- C. Liver and Pancreas
- D. Salivary Glands, Liver & Pancreas
- Arrange the correct sequence of the steps involved in the process of Human Digestive System?
- A. Digestion, Ingestion, Assimilation, Egestion and Absorption
- B. Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, Assimilation and Egestion
- C. Egestion, Absorption, Digestion, Assimilation and Ingestion
- In which part of the body digestion of protein begins?
- A. Pancreas
- B. Pancreas
- C. Small Intestine
- D. Large Intestine
- Complete digestion of food occurs in:
- A. Stomach
- B. Small Intestine
- C. Pancreas
- D. Large Intestine
- In which part of our body food gets absorbed?
- A. Small Intestine
- B. Large Intestine
- C. Stomach
- D. Stomach
- What is digestive system.
- A. The body breathing system.
- B. The body blood transporting system.
- C. The body food processing system.
- Where does food pass through between mouth and stomach?
- A. Esophagus
- B. Small intestine
- C. Large intestine
- Where does the partly-digested food goes after stomach.
- A. Small intestine
- B. Large intestine
- C. Large
- How does a digested food nutrient finally reach to bloodstream?
- A. It passes through the esophagus into the blood.
- B. It is absorbed by blood through blood vessels.
- C. It is absorbed through blood by walls of stomach.